Friday, August 21, 2009

Immense Good Luck!

High as a friggen' kite, my friends! I am stoned on my good fortune. You know why? This lady returned my call while I was on my lunch break:

That's Lady Louise Vickerman, Principal Harpist for the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera. We had a lovely little chat this afternoon, and she agreed to take me on as a private student! Wild!

Not only is it amazing to get the chance to study with someone of such prestige, but she's Scottish; she's done all of the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music exams that I am getting ready to finish in March. From her experience, I'll have a marvelous chance of finishing with distinction (that's an actual grade, by the way).

I was so worked up before she called me back, and I was so sure that she just wouldn't take me. So it just makes the marvelous blessing of being taken on as a student that much sweeter! Everybody have a drink on me to celebrate! (But I will need receipts submitted if you expect to be reimbursed). And let's make all the drinks virgin; I don't want any pasted SOB's on my account.

8 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

Aaron that's amazing! I love your desire to just keep bettering yourself and doing good things and learning! It inspires me. And I love hearing you play the harp so, good job getting the best teacher so you can play at my wedding and birthday and my frat parties.

Kellie Hansen said...

Congrats aaron!! and I love that your post turned to talking about booze at the end...typical for you. :) haha CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Whenever I see you I want to ask what's new with your music because it is so fascinating. I'm going to get a slurpee to celebrate.

Kikal said...

I'll pay you a million dollars for a cd of you playing the harp. You are awesome!! I'm so happy for you! Also, I'm not celebrating unless I can get TOTALLY wasted! :)

Brittany said...

Congrats Aaron!! Im so happy for you!!! I want to hear about your first lesson, I hope she is lovely to you!!

kathy w. said...

Yay! I can't believe you even doubted that she'd take you as a student. You're amazing.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

forget drinking alone....let's have a party! seriously.

claybritton said...

Hey Aaron,

Great Job! You are very talented! :)

Talk to you soon!